Our vision is to boost women’s workforce participation, lift productivity and increase economic growth by sustainably improving gender equity in jobs and pay in enterprises throughout Western Australia.
We need to change the statistic that, on average, WA women earn less than men and are under-represented in leadership and management roles.
We want to boost women's workforce participation and state productivity; to lift the share of women in many occupations where women are under-represented; and to increase the representation of women in management and on boards, across all enterprises in WA.
As CEOs we are inspiring and influencing WA CEOs to put gender on their agenda by:
- Promoting gender equity as a key theme using storytelling as a powerful tool to change attitudes and promote the CGE vision
Sharing our stories by:
- Having conversations CEO to CEO
- Attending key events as key note speakers or panelists
- Hosting key roundtables with our peers
- Changing workplace conditions, cultures and mindsets to enable both women and men to advance equally within our enterprises
- Developing workplaces where health and safety are prioritised and all forms of violence in the workplace – including verbal, physical, sexual – and sexual harassment, are prohibited
- Letting women know that we are listening and doing things to make a difference
At an enterprise level we are:
- Sharing experiences and strategies for advancing gender equality across all enterprises in WA
- Profiling our enterprise strategies and actions and among our peers – what works well and what doesn't work so well
- Showcasing ways to improve gender equity outcomes including target setting, pay gap analysis and flexible working strategies
- Increasing WA enterprises' gender diversity by sharing our policies, practices and tools using case studies and forums, face to face and online